-
April 2nd, 2002, 05:55 PM
#11
Inactive Member
I actually just traded my '00 GS-R in yesterday. I just took the blower off. Took about 1-1.5 days.
That'd probably be the easiest way to get your car sold in the least amount of time.
-
April 2nd, 2002, 06:24 PM
#12
Inactive Member
CKim,
Where'd you trade in your GS-R? How much did they give you for it? How much did you put back to stock besides taking off the charger?
Separate question: Is it difficult to sell a car that isn't payed off? I'm sure a lot of newer used cars are fully paid for.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 02, 2002 02:27 PM: Message edited by: bobbrown ]</font>
-
April 3rd, 2002, 01:28 AM
#13
Inactive Member
Yes it is easy to sell a car that still has a lien on it. Once you sell it, have the buyer make two checks out. One for you and one for the bank. Make sure you have the proper paper work and the bank will do the rest.
-
April 3rd, 2002, 04:29 PM
#14
Inactive Member
SSBP,
I wish it were that easy. Honda Finance of America has the lien - not my local Wells Fargo. After payoff, title transfer takes up to two weeks. Now that I think about it, maybe I should payoff the remainder of my balance with an auto loan from my local credit union. Then I could keep everything local. As soon as someone offers me money, I would want to complete the transaction as quickly as possible. Not too many people will drop cash unless the title is there.
-
April 5th, 2002, 09:54 PM
#15
Inactive Member
Bob,
AHFC (American Honda Finance Corporation) is in Torrance, CA. All you need to do is when you have the buyer, make sure the car is smogged and fill out a few forms.
- 262 - Bill of sale, Odometer Statement, Power of Att.
- Release of Liability - Self explanitory
After he pays you, contact AHFC and tell them what is going on. They will process the title as they do not have titles on hand. In other words, banks do not have physical titles anymore. Everything is done via paperless titles. The title will come directly from the DMV. The buyer can confirm this from DMV and AHFC.
Even if you pay it off with your Credit Union, it takes 4-6 weeks to get a title.
-
April 9th, 2002, 10:54 PM
#16
Inactive Member
I actually just sold my 97 GSR with JRSC on, but I ended up selling to my little brother's friend, so I gave him a good price and he saved me a buttload of work removing all the parts that I put on. The demand for a car with this serious of a mod is not that high, but if you get lucky you can get a pretty good deal. I probably lost around 2-3K versus parting the car out, but I figure it's worth it anyday. Like they always say, "Time is money." I actually took possession of my new ride, a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T last friday and am having a blast. Four wheel drive and a turbo could lead to some decent power, but I might hold off on the mods. Like you mentioned above, it's devoid of all the squeaks and rattles of my old car. Keep in mind though, I had my car supercharged since Oct of 98, so I can't complain with all the faithful years of service. Can't list too many other mods that would keep my engine in one piece after 3.5 years of daily wear and tear, 70K miles and add 65whp. I was satisfied with my GSR, but just feel that I have to move on now that I'm graduating college this June. I do miss the rush of acceleration in my new car, so when I get the chance I'll probably end up buying a project car of some kind. Maybe a civic hatchback but more likely a miata with which I can tear up the autocross with. Good luck selling your car though, just wanted to share my experience.
Jon
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 09, 2002 07:58 PM: Message edited by: JRSCGSR ]</font>
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks